Oakland Convention Center & Oakland Marriott City Center
The Oakland Convention Center is conveniently located in downtown Oakland only ten minutes from the Oakland International Airport. Right outside the doors of the convention center you will find Oakland's Chinatown, Old Oakland, Preservation Park, shopping and within a few short blocks the waterfront, Jack London Square and the Paramount Theatre.
Offering 64,000 square feet of exhibition and meeting space and adjoining the convention center is the Oakland Marriott City Center, with an additional 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and 483 deluxe guest rooms.
The Oakland Convention Center is managed by the Oakland Marriott City Center with additional services provided by the Oakland Convention & Visitors Bureau. We can offer you state-of-the-art meeting facilities and uncompromising commitment to service and value to transform any occasion into a special event. The Oakland Marriott's acclaimed catering department has the culinary expertise to create an imaginative menu with innovative style. On the ground floor is the Jewitt Ballroom/Exhibit Hall and on the second floor is the Simmons Ballroom and spacious meeting rooms. Conference & Exhibition Venues in CA | Oakland Convention Center
- Oakland Convention Center offers 48,000 sq.-ft. column-free exhibit space, 12 meeting rooms, and a parking garage for 575 cars
- Additional 25,000 square feet of meeting, convention, and function space in the Oakland Marriot City Center
- Three Ballrooms: 10,400 sq.-ft. (divisible into 7 sections) accommodating 1,100 guests for receptions, 700 for banquets, 600 classroom; rooftop ballroom on the twenty-first floor, offering spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay and accommodating 200 for banquets
- 10 boardroom and hospitality suites for meeting and entertaining
- Dedicated kosher kitchen
AccommodationsThe Oakland Marriott City Center is conveniently located adjacent to the Oakland Convention Center.
- 483 guest rooms including 7 suites/parlors
- 21 floors
- Conciergel level and lounge
- Kings: 246, double-doubles: 222
- Accessible rooms: 17
- Nonsmoking rooms: 353
Overflow AccommodationsThere are a number of fine hotels and inns located in close proximity to the Convention Center including the Courtyard by Marriott, Washington Inn, Best Western Inn at the Square and the Waterfront Plaza Hotel, to augment your block at the Oakland Marriott City Center. Oakland Marriott City Center
- Chinatown, Old Oakland Historic District Oakland Chinatown StreetFest
- Lake Merritt and Lakeside Park -
- Oakland Museum of California Oakland Museum of California
- Jack London Square, on the waterfront Jack London Square - Oakland Waterfront Dining, Shopping
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum; home of the Oakland Raiders, A's, and the Golden State Warriors Oracle Arena and Oakland - Alameda County Coliseum
- San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Berkeley, 12 min. by BART (across the street)
- San Francisco by ferry boat (30 min.)
DirectionsNine miles from Oakland International Airport
- 880 North to Broadway, turn right
- Convention Center is between 10th and 11th Streets
- Left on 10th Street
- Right turns around the block
- Convention Center garage entrance on 11th Street
From San Francisco
- Bay Bridge to 580 to 980/Oakland
- 11th-12th Streets exit
- Left on 11th Street
- 5 blocks to Convention Center
- Convention Center garage entrance on 11th Street
The Most Convenient Trade Show Facility in
Oakland is the largest urban center on the East Bay and is rich with history, having been at the forefront of many of our nation's most important political movements. Conveniently located 10 miles from Oakland International Airport, Oakland Convention Center allows you to enjoy everything this historic city has to offer.
Exploring New Oakland – the Most Convenient
in Bay Area Trade Show Venues
Located in the heart of downtown Oakland, we are within walking distance of Jack London Square, Chinatown, Oakland Museum of California, Preservation Park and Oakland City Center. We are also surrounded by beautifully restored Victorian buildings and the finest shops, restaurants, art galleries and museums that our exciting city has to offer.
In addition Oakland also features one of the largest visual and performing arts communities on the West Coast. From Oakland East Bay Symphony, Paramount Theatre, the newly-renovated Fox Theater and a variety of small arts organizations, Oakland offers a limitless array of cultural institutions around every corner.
Lake Merritt & Lakeside Park
Lake Merritt is the largest lake in the country that is located in an urban area. Known as the “Jewel of Oakland”, Lake Merritt is surrounded by Lakeside Park, which is one of the world's most beautiful municipal parks. A popular spot for jogging, picnicking, boating, bird watching and lawn bowling, the park is barely a mile west and also features summer concerts, Children's Fairyland and Rotary Nature Center.
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley is the world's premier public university. Located seven miles to the north, UC Berkeley offers a wellspring of innovation while making key contributions to the Bay Area's economic and social well-being.
One of the Top U.S. Cities for Business
Oakland's technological infrastructure, vast transportation network, rich intellectual environment, central location and affordability make up the core of a thriving business community. Filled with a diverse mix of traditional and future economy businesses, Oakland continues to attract companies seeking real estate near San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
For those wanting to explore downtown San Francisco, the Bay Area Rapid Transit station is right across the street and can take you there in only 12 minutes.
Napa Valley & Sonoma Wine Country
Napa Valley and Sonoma Wine Country are two of the premier travel destinations in the world. Located a leisurely hour's drive to the north, these exquisite wine regions offer a limitless array of wineries to choose from. Filled with picturesque rolling hills of vineyards, these wondrous landscapes will take your breath away.
Trade Show Venues in California
Whether you're in town for business or pleasure, Oakland Convention Center is centrally located near all that the East Bay has to offer and will provide you with a memorable experience.